mini grants support educational projects designed to promote foreign
language teaching and learning in North Carolina. The grants are
available on a competitive basis. Applicants are urged to use these
grants to leverage additional funding from their schools or other
sources for the development of their grant project.
Who is eligible to apply?
FLANC members—Membership application is available on the web at:
http://www.flanc.org. Current FLANC Board members are ineligible.
- K-12 teachers and administrators in North Carolina
- University instructors in North Carolina
of local professional associations or non-profit organizations that
promote foreign language teaching in North Carolina
What kinds of projects are eligible?
The following projects that contribute to the promotion of foreign language education in North Carolina:
- Advocacy for foreign language teaching and learning
- Enhancement of students’ foreign language proficiency and cultural competency
- Professional development for teachers
- Enhancement of foreign language teacher education
- Others projects that promote foreign language teaching and learning
- Mini-grants do not support the purchase of audio visual equipment
How much money may I request?
- The amount you can request is up to $500.
Is there any restriction for my application?
- An applicant may request funding only once each school year.
- Grant money may not be used for salaries or stipends.
- Grant money may not be used for any purposes other than what you have proposed.
- Applicants must be FLANC members but may not be current board members.
What is the length of the project?
- The project should be completed within one school year.
How do I apply?
- Complete the application form download here via the FLANC website at www.flanc.org.
- If you
are a K-12 or college instructor, obtain endorsement from your
supervisor (principal, program chair, or dean). Have him or her send
endorsement by email to FLANC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
What is required upon the completion of the project?
the project evaluation form from the FLANC website and fill it out to
report how the project was conducted and whether it met its objectives.
- Submit a financial report that shows how much money was spent for what purpose. Attach all receipts.
- All the
reports and receipts should be submitted within one month from the
completion of the project to the Chair of FLANC Small Grant Committee at
the addresses printed on the evaluation form.
- FLANC may ask you to give a presentation at the next fall conference.
When is the application deadline?
- Applications are due by November 15.
When will I know whether or not my application is accepted?
- Applicants will be notified after January 15.